- As low as $1,972/Week
- 9 Bedrooms
- 9 Bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited housekeeping
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Wheelchair accessible
- WiFi available
About this Property**This home rents Friday to Friday in the Summer months**
New to our Luxury Collection, Beach Retreat- 3407 Palm Blvd,, is a roomy, nine bedroom, nine bathroom home and sleeps up to 22 people. Savor the open living area that opens to the dining room with two enormous dinning tables and the completely equipped kitchen with all of your essentials. Appreciate the roof top private pool (heatable for a fee) with sea vistas and kitchen area or hang out on one of the many covered porches.
- 4,188 sq. ft.
- 9 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms
- Across from sea with vistas
- Private pool (heatable - $500 3-7 nights)
- Huge Rooftop with full pool bathroom
- Elevator (please inquire if required for accessibility)
- Full list of amenities available below
- Bedroom 1: King bed, en suite full bath – standup shower, TV
- Bedroom 2: King bed, shared full bath – double sinks, standup shower, tub, TV
- Bedroom 3: King bed, shared full bath – double sinks, standup shower, tub, TV
- Bedroom 4: King bed, en suite full bath – tub/shower combo, TV
- Bedroom 5: (2) Queen beds, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 6: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 7: Queen bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 8: Bunkbed Single over Double w/ Trundle, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 9: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV, sea vistas
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a vacation experience unlike any other. With a entirely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the best that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of booking. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you book within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at booking.
We offer travel insurance to all of our guests through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The cost is 6.95% of your rental cost. Please e-mail for exact cost. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 10.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be fully refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not included in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 10.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are booking 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to purchase this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the property has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the property is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the property rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the property isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus supply guides with savings for lodging, dining and activities. Search for these magazines and coupon books, since this allows vacationers to experience the very same terrific activities at a quite often substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to switch your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same rental. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to specific guests, whether it's oceanside homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a rental that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance along with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rentals are available in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of rental properties in Isle of Palms are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Owners often select management companies to assist with advertising and marketing, cleaning and regular maintenance.
Seasoned Isle of Palms vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many novices will be happy to find that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
Where to find and reserve a great rental home:
Do you believe "Perfect second row 9 bedrooms, private pool, elevator, ocean views!!" is the best rental property for your upcoming getaway? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Like many popular vacation spots, In Isle of Palms the best vacation rentals are booked very early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Quite often, the most challenging portion of scheduling your trip is figuring out where to search, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, the rest is easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you need to have. Remember that that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Does your selected vacation property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving an expensive rental. Usually, one person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and collecting each party's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you want a vacation property with outside lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Will the rental have bicycles and beach toys available for use during your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Grandparents will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
What About Furry Family Members?
Don't forget to include your companion! Although many vacation rentals permit pets, guidelines and costs vary per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be controlled. Read your agreement very carefully! Fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start your Search
A number of internet resources exist to match clients with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies often have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard price, vacationers will need to pay state taxes when booking "Perfect second row 9 bedrooms, private pool, elevator, ocean views!!", in addition to any other additional fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
Book your Vacation Property
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are required call the home manager immediately. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents frequently live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Tidy up a bit. Even if you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The property is required to be in good condition. Sinks stuffed with pots and pans, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be addressed before leaving.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to offer feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did they love their stay? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next vacation.