- As low as $420/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Boat on site
- Car available
- Cave exploring nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Horse riding nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Limo/town car service
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- Water tubing nearby
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1600 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
For those looking for the ideal location to stay in Wild Dunes Resort, you've found it! Located in the heart of the resort community and just steps from the impressive sandy beaches, this amazing three-bedroom condo is located on the top-floor of the beautiful Seagrove Villas with oceanfront expansive vistas of the Atlantic. With access to the Seagrove neighborhood pool and within close walking distance to Resort amenities like golf, bicycle units, tennis, eateries, hotel spa, and more, what more could you want from a vacation?! Book today to spend your days calming by the ocean in this idyllic, modern villa!
Pool Access: Seagrove Community Pool (Seasonal)
Beach Distance: Just steps away (less than 25 yards...)
View: Panoramic Ocean and Beach Vistas
Animals: Not Accepted
Floor Level: 2nd Story of Building 10 (30 Steps To Front Door and No Elevator)
Square Footage: 1600
Bedroom 1: Two Twins, Private Bath, TV, First Floor
Bedroom 2: King, Private Bath, TV, First Floor
Bedroom 3: Master, King, Private Bath, TV, Second Floor
Additional linens: Day Bed with Trundle in Living Room
Balcony: Yes, with Ocean Vistas and Patio Seating
Internet Access: High Speed WiFi
Parking: 2 Vehicles (1 Covered Space Available)
BBQ Grille: No Grilling Available
Fireplace: Unavailable For Guest Use
Non Smoking: Yes
Kitchen: Totally Equipped
Tennis Access: Pay To Play At Isle of Palms Recreation Center & Wild Dunes Tennis Center
Golf Access: Pay To Play- Wild Dunes Links And Harbor Course - Ask About Other Public Courses In The Area
All Sweetgrass rental properties include: bed linens, bath towels, access to washer/dryer, high-speed internet/WiFi, complimentary parking, no-contact remote check-in process, and a one-day starter supply kit of necessities (ex. paper towel roll, toilet paper, one trash bag, one packet of detergents, single-use soaps, and a package of coffee).
Vacation Rental By Owner #
**Please note this property does not have access to the Wild Dunes resort hotel pools. The only pool access is the Seagrove community pool.**
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this condo is in the city center and on the beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Isle of Palms Beaches, while Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are cultural highlights. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Credit One Stadium or TD Arena. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Isle of Palms rental home booking tips:
Finding the best value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. Book your rental home in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Isle of Palms vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer renters an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Often, rental management companies supply Isle of Palms area visitor guide magazines that include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to choose the best rental home in the Isle of Palms area:
- Start by selecting your vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. OCEANFRONT Views, Community Pool, Modern, Ideal Wild Dunes Location! has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available online. If they are not listed, email the property owner before you book the vacation home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to work out what is suitable for your group.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? Try a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you will need a property that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, property managers charge additional pet fees.
During your stay:
- Add the host's contact information to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Upon check-in, make note of any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, intercom or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be an excellent resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- On check-out day, take a walk-through to make sure you did not forget any personal items. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a wonderful time? Most rental managers make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.