About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Vacation Rental By Owner cancellation policy listed under our policies applies only to new reservations booked after February 18, 2021.
Deluxe Ocean Front Condo in Summer House with gorgeous Ocean Front vistas from the living room, master bedroom and well-appointed deck. Unit 505 is a completely refreshed condo from which to appreciate the historic city, fine eateries and coastal appeal of Charleston. Guests will find gleaming wood floors, tasteful decorations and comfortable furnishings, that create a phenomenal beachfront getaway. In addition, Summerhouse is located on one of the best sections of the beach yet has a private pool with poolside restroom.
The master bathroom was freshly remodeled! Savor the handsome new shower after a long day at the beach, mounted TV has Xfinity cable. The living room also has new furnishings to better savor the impressive ocean vistas.
The kitchen features stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, comfortable linens with quality bed and bath linens. The Bedrooms also have room darkening curtains or shades. The sizable table and well-outfitted kitchen will facilitate preparation and enjoyment of all meals. A high chair and umbrella stroller is also available for young kids.
To relax, the living area is well appointed for watching your favorite entertainment on the huge Intelligent TV. Or step onto the balcony to sit and savor the rhythm of the waves. The North East facing balcony also provides a shady getaway during the warmth of the afternoon.
Comfortably sleeps six: King in MBR; Queen, twin daybed and twin chair-bed (which can be moved to MBR) in 2nd BR. The queen bedroom has a modest TV with Xfinity cable. Additional amenities include wireless internet plus a new washer and dryer.
High speed wireless internet is included as a convenience only and is notintegral to the agreement. No refund of units shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal references with regard to Internet service
Rents on a 7-nighttime minimum, Saturday-to-Saturday schedule, during peak seasons; otherwise requires a 3-nighttime minimum. This unit is Non-Smoking and no family pets are allowed. Telephone to inquire about off-season discounts and repeat visitor benefits on weekly units. (MUST BE AT LEAST 25 YEARS OF AGE TO RENT NO EXCEPTIONS).
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this condo is on the beach. Crabpot Players Theatre and Patriots Point are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Isle of Palms Marina. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Credit One Stadium or TD Arena. Kayaking, water skiing, and water tubing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with ecotours nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the perfect rental experience:
Find your perfect rental:
- Summertime is the most expensive season in the Isle of Palms area. To book the largest rental for your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities.
- In the Isle of Palms area, The earlier your group can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved very early. Booking your rental up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Look for your local Isle of Palms visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guides have coupons for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
How to select the perfect vacation rental in the Isle of Palms area:
- First and foremost, have your group decide on the best dates and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Multi Room Panoramic Oceanfront Views! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is almost always available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property owner before booking the property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If there's an individual Isle of Palms destination you are crazy about, search for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking.
- If your group is traveling with pets, search for a property that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type requirements. Note that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
During your stay:
- Get the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your .
- Note any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are valuable if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents lots of concerns.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take photographs of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a excellent time? Most rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.