- As low as $703/Night
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Internet access
- Jet skiing nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2800 square feet
** During the summer we book Saturday to Saturday. Off-season we require a 3 nighttime minimum **
As part of our Island Collection, 'Pavilion a la Plage' 4 10th Ave, is a seven bedroom, five and a half bathroom home located in the heart of Isle of Palms, in an area called Pavilion Place. The home is in a modest community of just six homes that share a sizable swimming pool and picnic area that is right behind the home (open May- September depending on weather).
Pavilion a la Plage is located in a prime location for families and visitors looking to savor all the Isle of Palms has to offer. The home is just 75 yards from the beach and within walking distance to Front Beach eateries, bars, and stores.
- 7 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms
- Gas Grille
- Community pool
- 75 yards from beach access
- Full list of amenities available below
- Bedroom 1: King bed master, en suite full bath – double sinks, stand up shower, garden, tub TV
- Bedroom 2: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 3: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 4: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 5: (1) Twin bed, (1) Trundle bed, TV
- Bedroom 6: King bed, Jack and Jill full bath – double sinks, TV
- Bedroom 7: (2) bunkbeds twin/twin and double/double, Jack and Jill full bath – double sinks, TV
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a vacation experience unlike any other. With a completely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the best that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of booking. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you book within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at booking.
We offer travel insurance to all of our guests through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The cost is 6.95% of your rental cost. Please e-mail for exact cost. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 10.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be entirely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages.
Family Animals are allowed with pre-approval. We limit it to one huge dog or two modest, but may make an exception. There is a pet fee of $282.50 PER PET. Vacation Rental By Owner only accepts one pet fee to be added, so please let us know how many family pets you have in the notes when you reserve and we will make sure to add it to the contract before you sign
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 10.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are booking 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to purchase this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the property has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the property is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the property rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the property isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near the beach. Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Credit One Stadium, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Jet skiing, kayaking, and water skiing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with ecotours nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips to get the perfect rental experience:
Find your best deal:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is the most expensive season in Isle of Palms. To get the most suitable rental for your budget, we strongly suggest booking in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Isle of Palms vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies supply Isle of Palms area travel guides that include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Isle of Palms visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Selecting the best rental home in Isle of Palms:
- First and foremost, have your family commit to date ranges and a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. Pavilion a la Plage on Isle of Palms ~ PORCH, GAS GRILL, STEPS FROM THE BEACH! has 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the property. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You'll need to establish what is suitable for your family.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a rental that allows animals. Request details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Does your group require unique amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- Add the property manager's phone number to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Upon arrival, record any damages to the property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be an incredible resource to find the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all personal items. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a great vacation? Most rental home management companies make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.