- 6 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Housekeeper Included
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
About this PropertyWelcome to Casa Banana!
*Plug in your dates to see the full quote! Email us with any questions regarding the home or the quote or discounts.
NOTE: Costs include linens and cleaning!
**Available all year! During the Summer months, bookings are Saturday to Saturday, but we have a 3 nighttime min in the off-season**
--Description and Includes--
Sea front home on esteemed Isle of Palms. Ideal for your dream holiday, this home welcomes up to 20 visitors.
- 6 Bedrooms, 7.5 Bathrooms
- Sea front
- Private pool
- Hot tub
- Private beach boardwalk
- Elevator (please inquire if mandatory for accessibility)
Bed Count: 6 bedrooms - 10 beds (8 Kings, 1 Queen, 1 Full), 3 Couch Sleepers (2 Queens, 1 Twin).
-Locker Room – 2 King Beds and a Queen-sized Sleeper Couch
-Cat Room – King Bed and Queen Bed
-Hollywood Room – King Bed and a Queen-sized Sleeper Couch
-Jungle Room – King Bed and a Twin-sized Sleeper Couch
-Appreciate Shack – King Bed and a Full Size Bed
-Rock and Roll Room – 2 King Beds
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a holiday experience unlike any other. With a entirely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the best that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of renting. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you rent within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at renting.
We offer travel insurance to all of our visitors through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The price is 6.95% of your rental price. Please e-mail for exact price. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 9.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be thoroughly refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not included in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 9.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are renting 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to buy this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the unit has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the unit is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the unit rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the unit isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus supply promotional travel guide books with deals for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you can travel? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you phenomenal rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several rental companies provide markdowns to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting group is eligible for a special offer.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular groups of guests. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to night life. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed a result of health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to find out how many rental properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Nearly all rental homes in Isle of Palms are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to facilitate advertisements, house cleaning and maintenance.
Here are some ideas and tricks to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Finding and booking the best rental property:
Do you believe "'Casa Banana'~ Oceanfront on Ocean Blvd, 6 bedroom, sleeps 20, private pool, elevator" is the best vacation property for your next vacation? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Isle of Palms rental homes start booking very early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your trip. Holiday reunions can be a great time for family groups to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Start by picking which specific area of Isle of Palms you'd like to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Have a Spending Limit
Does the preferred vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking an expensive vacation property. Typically, one member of the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's share.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you primarily want a rental with a pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Elderly guests will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your pets. Animal policies are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
After the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. In addition to offering exclusive properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your greatest opportunity for a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read through the Entire Agreement
Read the whole agreement and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides relief should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Get Contact Details
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be useful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of tips.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to be certain no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Virtually all rental management company sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing critiques. If something went wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did everyone have a great time? With a little luck everything turned out to be exceptional and you're happy to re-book the property for next year. Otherwise, you have gained useful rental search experience that will help with another search.