- As low as $222/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Unit size: 830 sq ft (77 sq m)
- Washing machine
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 830 square feet
This cavernous and refreshed one-bedroom, one and half bath villa is ideal for your stay on Isle of Palms. Located in the Mariner's Walk complex within the Wild Dunes resort, this unit is steps away from the pool and a two min. walk from the beach.This condo offers an open layout on two floors for additional privacy with the bedroom and bathroom upstairs and living room and dining areas downstairs. The bathroom has dual access from both the bedroom and hallway and the downstairs couch offers additional sleeping on a queen memory foam pullout. Downstairs there is an additional half bath. The villa's screened-in patio includes a table and chairs where you can savor the ocean breeze while sipping coffee or dining al fresco. The modernized pool for Mariner's Walk has ample space where you can spread out and relax when not feeling the sand in between your toes!
Local partners provide units for beach chairs and bicycles.
From Memorial Day to Labor Day there are 7-nighttime minimum stays, Saturday check-in and outs.
Property offers a freshly laundered duvet covers for every guest.
Bath Linens and bath towels are included, as well as a starter kit for the first day which includes toiletries (shampoo, body wash and soap), dish soap, dishwasher tabs, a sponge, toilet paper and 1 roll of paper towels.
Beach chairs and umbrellas are available for rent.
The reservation/administration fee is nonrefundable. We do not give refunds for weather related trip interruptions this includes hurricanes please ask about insurance to cover such events. (MUST BE AT LEAST 26 YEARS OF AGE TO RENT NO EXCEPTIONS).
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this condo is on the beach. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Fort Moultrie are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Sea Island Shopping Center. Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting. With motor boating and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Booking the best vacation home experience:
Sticking to your rental home budget:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. To book the largest rental within your budget, we suggest reserving in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Isle of Palms vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- In the Isle of Palms area, The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Some hosts and property managers offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers usually offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Isle of Palms area magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitor guides have coupons for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- First and foremost, have your group decide on dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. 9B Mariners Walk, Wild Dunes has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before booking your home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to determine what configuration is optimal for your trip.
- If there's a certain Isle of Palms beach you are crazy about, browse properties that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
- Some properties allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
Tips to have a great stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your phone.
- During arrival, document any issues with the property and immediately alert the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of difficulties.
- Respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental property while you're away! Don't let crooks spoil your family vacation.
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a excellent stay? Many rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your property and/or property management company was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.