About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
NEWLY AVAILABLE with Charleston Coast Vacations!
Make lasting family memories on the Charleston Coast at Tropicana Cabana! This freshly modernized 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home is sure to be your home away from home. This beautiful beach home is just a short ten min. walk to the sandy beach! There is room for the entire family (the well behaved furry ones too). The huge backyard is entirely fenced in, giving plenty of room for the kids or family pets to safely run around in. Take a break and relax in the comfortable and roomy, professionally decorated living room, complete with handsome wood floors and a decorative fireplace. Savor your favorite TV show on the huge flat screen TV. Colorful accents are elegantly displayed throughout the home as well as the impressive blue exterior, providing a subtle reminder of the close by beach. The kitchen is complete with new, top of the line appliances and everything you need to make a delicious meal. There’s plenty of room for everybody at the sizable dining room table and kitchen bar stools. Don’t forget burger or steak nighttime as this home features a new propane grille for your use! The master bedroom is fit for royalty with a flat screen TV, enormous bathtub, vanity room, and double doors leading out to the private screened in deck; a ideal spot for your morning coffee or an evening drink! The second and third bedrooms are located on the other side of the living room. The first bedroom is complete with a king bed and flat screen TV. The second delightfully decorated bedroom features two queen beds and a flat screen TV. Both bedrooms have access to the full hallway bathroom. Go up the spiral staircase to savor movies, games, or your favorite book in the cozy loft off of the living area. The loft features a twin trundle and comfortable chairs to relax in while watching your favorite movie on the flat screen TV. With all of these special touches, Tropicana Cabana is the ideal spot for your family’s vacation on the Charleston Coast!
Bedroom 1: King bed with en suite bath
Bedroom 2: King bed, Shared hallway bath
Bedroom 3: Two queen beds, Shared hallway bath
**THIS PROPERTY INCLUDES A CREDIT TOWARDS BEACH GEAR W/ A STAY OF 4-14 NIGHTS**
-Dog friendly with a $250 non returnable fee per dog
-Garage and driveway can fit roughly 5-6 cars
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is by the sea. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Isle of Palms Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Front Beach. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best Isle of Palms vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- To get the best value, try changing your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Isle of Palms vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- In the Isle of Palms area, The earlier you can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local Isle of Palms visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines contain deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Choosing and booking yourrental:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. "Tropicana Cabana" - Newly Renovated! - Pet Friendly has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is commonly available on booking pages. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve your rental. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- If there's a particular Isle of Palms attraction you crave, keep an eye out for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to find a rental that allows animals. Request details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your .
- To ensure that damages are not attributed to your family's visit, inspect the rental for any problem areas upon your arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to relay any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your peace. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would've not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- On check-out day, take a walk-through to confirm you didn't leave anything behind. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the host isn't available, remember to take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good feedback to drive more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will be thankful you shared your review find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.