About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 5003 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Introducing one of our premier properties on the Isle of Palms, "The Yellow Pearl"! This roomy Charleston-style home has been newly refreshed and featured on Bravo's "Top Chef" Season 14! With 7 bedrooms, 3 floors of living area, dual kitchens, and 2,000 square feet of porches, it is the ideal spot to spend a hideaway by the beach. Step out back to savor the private saltwater pool or take the elevator up to the third floor rooftop deck for a view of the Atlantic Ocean. The pool can now be heated in the colder months or chilled in the warm summers, making it a true year-round getaway! Centrally located on Isle of Palms, across the street from the 29th Street beach access, one block from the IOP Rec Center & playground, and just 20 mins. from Downtown Historic Charleston, you can't beat this location!
When you enter this beautiful home on the first floor, you will find four out of the seven bedrooms (Bedroom #1: King, Bedroom #2: Two Queen Beds, Bedroom #3: King, and Bedroom #4: King). The bedrooms on this level take advantage of a additional kitchen and comfortable sitting room with TV (note: all bedrooms and living areas have Intelligent TVs with YouTube TV available!) & wide sliding doors leading out to the covered porch. Bedroom #1 (King) and Bedroom #2 (2 Queens) now each have a full private bathroom with a walk-in shower. Bedrooms #3 and #4 (both King rooms) share a hallway bathroom. A laundry area with washer/dryer are also on this level.
Going up to the main living area on the second floor, you will be greeted by natural light from the surrounding balconies and beachy vibes. This level of the home features an open room floor plan with ample seating for all, new furnishings (with additional-deep cushions!), and a breakfast nook. The primary kitchen, which has upgraded appliances, a gas range, and tons of counter space, is an ideal spot to prepare and entertain for enormous groups. Appreciate memorable meals at the massive dining table (seats 14+) or gather together in the main living room, highlighted by comfortable seating and tons of natural light. Get your beach playlist ready, as the home also features a Sonos sound system! Step just outside on the deck to relax in the hammock & rocking chairs or appreciate late nighttime conversations on the outdoor sectional couch, all while taking in the ocean breezes on the screened in front porch. The tasteful master suite (Bedroom #5) on this level features a modern style, King Bed, porch access, its owner additional washer & dryer, and modernized private bathroom with a complimentary-standing tub & sizable walk-in shower with dual shower heads, AND an broad closet with bespoke shelving.
The third floor of the home offers two additional bedrooms (Bedroom #6: 3 Full Beds and Bedroom #7: Queen), one shared bathroom, and a rec room with wet bar, TV, bean bags, and games - ideal for the kids to hang out and enjoy! Accessible from the third level, you will find the most marvelous ocean view from the rooftop deck where you can soak up the sun during the day and watch extraordinary sunsets in the evening.
The private saltwater pool area is its own backyard getaway. (Ask our team about heating or cooling the pool!) There is also a gas grille, patio seating, and lounge chairs. The property has four Lazy Days hammocks, so you can really adapt to beach life! Step inside the garage to play a game of ping pong. The front and the backyard are individually fenced in for privacy with freshly-installed astroturf - plus there are enchanting, historic oak trees surrounding the property!
Pool Access: Private Saltwater Pool (Heater or Chiller Available for $150/day, 3 day Minimum)
Distance to Beach: 100 Yards; Across Street from 29th Ave Beach Access Path
View: Neighborhood, Pool, and Ocean
Family Animals Accepted: Yes, 1 Dog Accepted, $450 Non-Refundable Pet Fee.
Floor Level: 3 Story Home
Square Feet: 5,003
Bedroom 1: King Bed, TV, Private Bathroom, First Floor
Bedroom 2: 2 Queen Beds, TV, Private Bathroom, First Floor
Bedroom 3: King Bed, TV, Shared Bathroom, First Floor
Bedroom 4: King Bed, TV, Shared Bathroom, First Floor
Bedroom 5: Master, King Bed, TV, Private Bathroom, Second Floor
Bedroom 6: 3 Full Beds, Shared Bathroom, Third Floor
Bedroom 7: Queen Bed, TV, Shared Bathroom, Third Floor
Internet Access: High-Speed WiFi
Elevator: Yes, requires approval.
Parking: 4-5 Vehicles
Garage Access: N/A
BBQ Grille: Yes, Gas Grille
Outdoor shower: Yes
Fireplace: Unavailable For Guest Use
Washer/Dryer: Yes, 2 laundry areas
Non Smoking: Yes
Kitchen: 2 Kitchen Areas + Wet bar, Totally Equipped
Tennis Access: Pay To Play At Isle Of Palms Recreation Center & Wild Dunes Tennis Center
Golf Access: Pay To Play- Wild Dunes Links And Harbor Course
*All Sweetgrass rental properties include: bed linens, bath towels, access to washer/dryer, high-speed internet/WiFi, complimentary parking, no-contact remote check-in process, and a one-day starter supply kit of necessities (ex. paper towel roll, toilet paper, one trash bag, one packet of detergents, single-use soaps, and a package of coffee).*
Vacation Rental By Owner Listing#: 2390658
Planning a vacation for a huge group or multiple families? This homeowner also owns a 4 bedroom home on 20th Avenue on the Isle of Palms. Both homes together could accommodate 30 people! Ask our team about availability of both homes for your vacation and get a discount if you rent both!
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is in the city center and near the beach. Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Fairmount Shopping Plaza Shopping Center. Traveling with kids? Consider Charleston Fishfinder Charters, or check out an event or a game at Credit One Stadium. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
How to book the best Isle of Palms vacation rental experience:
When to visit & When to book:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is high season in the Isle of Palms area. Book your vacation in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Isle of Palms area travel guide magazines which often include special deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Isle of Palms visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Begin by selecting potential vacation weeks and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Spacious IOP Home with Private POOL & Ocean VIEWS! One Block to Beach! has 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Isle of Palms vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available on booking websites. Otherwise, call the host before you reserve your rental. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask your host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents quite a few concerns.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- To ensure that damages are not attributed to your family's visit, make note of any problem areas during arrival. Speak to the property manager right away to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often times, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Just prior to departing, take a final walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on good ratings to inspire more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.