- 8 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Game Room
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
About this PropertyWelcome to Casa Flamingo!
*Plug in your dates to see the full quote! Email us with any questions regarding the home or the quote or discounts.
NOTE: Prices include linens and cleaning!
**Available all year! During the Summer months, bookings are Saturday to Saturday, but we have a 3 nighttime min in the off-season**
--Description and Includes--
Sea front home on famed Isle of Palms. Ideal for your dream holiday, this home welcomes up to 20 visitors.
- 8 Bedrooms, 6.5 Bathrooms
- Sea front
- Private pool
- Hot tub
- Private beach boardwalk
- Elevator (please inquire if mandatory for accessibility)
This flamingo pink shorefront home offers a private outdoor pool, hot tub, 8 themed bedrooms, cable/DVD TVs in every room, COMPLIMENTARY wireless internet, private beach access, and 2 huge decks! Savor amazing vistas with “eye spy” binoculars too!
Located between the Atlantic Sea and the Intracoastal Waterway, the Isle of Palms is a classic family-aligned island hideaway. The Isle of Palms Pavilion and a full service marina offer a fun assortment of waterfront eateries, stores, and bars - including castaways with hours of entertainment. With the attractions of Charleston and Mount Nice close by, the Isle of Palms is an just right base camp for exploring South Carolina's vibrant southern coast.
Bed Count: 8 bedrooms - 8 beds (8 Kings, 2 Full Couch Sleepers)
- Bedroom Breakdown:
- Captain's Quarters - Top (3rd) floor, King bed, private bath
- Caddy Shack - 2nd floor, King bed, shared bath
- Cat House - 2nd floor, King bed, shared bath, access to outdoor space
- Dog House - 2nd floor, King bed, shared bath, access to outdoor space
- Hippie Heaven - 2nd floor, King bed, shared bath, access to outdoor space
- Zen Den - 2nd floor, King Bed and Queen Bed, private bath with stand up shower
- Super Heroes - 1st floor, King bed, private bath
- Redneck Riviera - 1st floor, King bed, shared bath
- Recreation Room - 1st floor, 2 Full Sleeper Sofas
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a holiday experience unlike any other. With a completely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the most handsome that Isle of Palms has to offer.
Elevator measurements: the elevator is 30½” x 46”. Max. Weight Limit: 450 lbs.
Elevator access is granted to our visitors that need it for health or mobility reasons. Childrens are not allowed to ride in the elevator alone, unsupervised or play/jump in the elevator at any time.
As with all mechanical equipment, occasionally problems arise with the elevator. Should issues occur, we will make every effort to repair the elevator as quickly as possible. However, we will not be held liable for any loss of use due to mechanical difficulties, malfunction or down time while the elevator is being repaired or waiting to be repaired.
The elevator is not considered part of the home rental. Rental monies will not be refunded due to the elevator not working properly during your stay
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of renting. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you rent within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at renting.
We offer travel insurance to all of our visitors through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The price is 6.95% of your rental price. Please e-mail for exact price. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 9.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be entirely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not included in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 9.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are renting 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to buy this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the unit has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the unit is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the unit rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the unit isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental managers and rental homes supply Isle of Palms area travel guides which include coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Just want to steer clear of the crowds and get a better price? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for financial savings. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve specific guests, whether it's downtown homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a particular Isle of Palms activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers the chance to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and selection of weekly vacation rentals available in the Isle of Palms area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Isle of Palms crew, from quiet condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners typically select management companies to facilitate advertising, cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
Seasoned Isle of Palms vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most beginners will be happy to realize that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Before you book "'Casa Flamingo' ~ Oceanfront Dreamhouse! 8 bedroom, Sleeps 20, Private Pool", go through our short list of considerations.
Begin Your Search Early
Isle of Palms rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Isle of Palms you would like to explore, and the determine travel dates.
How Many Beds?
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you'll need. Be aware that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Many vacation rentals are marketed with a price range. Confirm the price for your preferred trip. It might be at the top end of the range. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check to make sure everyone understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What home features is your group looking for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Will the unit need to be beach front, in town, or near night life? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental charge? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Special Things to consider
Often times the older generation has trouble with staircases. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Be sure to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
It Is Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Isle of Palms local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the property management company might know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are required call the rental manager immediately. This can protect against conflicts during checkout.
- You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents often times live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Clean up a little. Even though you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental really should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks full of pots and pans, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to give comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to return next year? Hopefully everything turned out to be wonderful and you're all set to reserve the same property for your next vacation. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to perfect your search next time.