- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Room/Equipment
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Police Contact
- Smart TV
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Travel Crib
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis rental comes with a Wild Dunes SportsCard bought by the unit owner and accepts rental visitors at the unit access to some of Wild Dunes' luxuries, additional costs payable to Wild Dunes apply to some comforts as noted below:
Wild Dunes Exercise Centers at Village Plaza and Port O` Telephone
$15 per person per day
3 day pass for $40 per person
5 day pass for $50 per person
Please call (843) 886-7008 for more details
Wild Dunes Swim Center
Complementary access to heated outdoor pool at all times.
Lap swim until 10:00 a.m. & open swim the rest of the day!
Food, libation and entertainment offerings available & Woody`s less than 200 yds away
Restrooms with showers
Please call (843) 886-2264 for more details
Wild Dunes Giant Pavilion and Pools
After 4pm, COMPLIMENTARY access to the Splendid Pavilion boardwalks, 2 swimming pools, bathrooms, stores, bar and grille. Check entertainment schedule
Please call (843) 886-7008 for more details.
Wild Dunes Boardwalk Inn Pool
COMPLIMENTARY access after 4pm to this peaceful, adults only pool
Food and drink offerings available
Restrooms with showers
Please call (843)886-6000 for more details.
Wild Dunes Tennis Courts
Court rental costs WAIVED after 12 p.m.
Please call (843) 886-2113 for more details
Wild Dunes Golf Courses
Links Course and Harbor Course Access
Check tee time website or call for pricing
Rent tee time online at wild dunes.com/teetimes or
please call (843)886-2002 to rent.
All of the above are a benefits of the Wild Dunes SportsCard.
We newly bought the home in 2019 after it was completely modernized and made multiple upgrades, including all new furnishings . My wife and I own the unit and I handle all transactions and oversee the cleaning to assure our visitors complete satisfaction. We have raised and are still raising our children here on the island and live right up the road in Wild Dunes.
We are familiar with the rental work. We have another unit at #5 24th Avenue if you are looking for a bigger home as well as the upstairs space B at this address with 3 bedrooms/2 baths, which may be combined with this space if you need more room.
The home is one of the original homes constructed on the island with plenty of charisma and history, newly refreshed. Hope you will come appreciate the home and create some family memories as we have over the years.
As close to the beach as possible without the traffic of Palm Blvd, located one half block off Palm Blvd and (300 yards) to the beach and beach access directly across the street. Within walking distance to the downtown IOP area for eateries and beach bars.
This 4 bedroom, two full bath rental has wood/hard surface floors with tile in both baths, well appointed bedrooms as well as an open living area with very peaceful seating. The unit has two rental spaces (A is downstairs - this unit - and B is upstairs). The spaces can be rented separately or together for huge families. Provides the togetherness and accepting for own space as well. Very comfortable and most first-rate of all very close to the beach(300 yards).
The downstairs/ground level rental has no stairs which makes it simple to access and to unload!!
The kitchen is very well supplied for modest to generous groups with all preparing silverware, pots, pans, blender, mixer, toaster, waffle irons, Keurig, etc.
In the back yard there is a gas grille, a dining table, lounge chairs and umbrella. The backyard is thoroughly fenced and separated from the upstairs for additional privacy and safety for children and family dogs and cats.
All linens, bath, hand and kitchen towels, and wash clothes etc are supplied.
Equipped with new Roku flat screen T.V.s with Amazon Firesticks.
Fees and Taxes:
- Sorry for the inconvenience of no-instant renting feature. We try to prevent under-age drinking and home events. We have teenagers and college students :). I try to respond within 30 mins. for questions and reservations.
- Vacation Rental By Owner will assess a service fee between 6% - 10% of the total amount of rental.
- Optional pet fee of $150.00.
- Cleaning Fee of $300.00.
- The state of South Carolina, County of Charleston and the City of Isle of Palms will collect a total of 14% of total rental. (yeah we know its high). We don't like taxes either...
- Both the service fee and taxes will be billed directly. This will be shown on the "view details" under the dollar amount for the amount due on the rental.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Many management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat vacation goers to the same property. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular groups of guests. Event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to nightlife. You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners typically offer guests the chance to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Information
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide variety of weekly properties available in the Isle of Palms area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Below are some tips and tactics to help you understand the rental search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Do you think "4 Bdrm/sleeps 10, 300 yds to beach, incl Wild Dunes pools/tennis/golf privileges" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Isle of Palms rental homes start booking very early. To assure the best choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Isle of Palms rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Select a Village and Time
Agreement can be complicated among close relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Be aware that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make sure that "4 Bdrm/sleeps 10, 300 yds to beach, incl Wild Dunes pools/tennis/golf privileges" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving an expensive rental. One individual in your party will need to be given the task of collecting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Do you primarily want a vacation rental with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Does the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property fee? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
In some cases the older generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the party travelling with a pet dog? Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of restrictions could dismiss a potential vacation property. Examine your contract carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies will often have a unique collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything required. If lacking, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Total Contract
Read through the whole agreement and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Property
When you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Be sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Be considerate of the community. Frequently, adjacent homes are filled by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each room of the rental to make certain that you've gathered all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most rental home management companies and rental websites allow customers to offer reviews. If the rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the situation.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Did they enjoy their rental? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience that will help with the next search.