- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Housekeeper Included
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Police Contact
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home is great for a family beach holiday. It's only 1 block from the beach, has an open floor plan, and sleeps 10. The sizable yard is ideal for a prepare-out. Dogs under 50 pounds are welcome.
Driving up to the home you will first notice the maintained tropical front yard. This area includes a excellent front patio for appreciating the warm sun and island winds. Upon entering the home you are greeted with a brilliant open floor plan which includes the living room, den, dining area, and kitchen. The space is sunny and the décor is modern and comfortable. No worries about beach sand with the ceramic tile floors.
The kitchen is thoroughly supplied and the huge dining table seats up to 8. A game table offers additional seating for 4. This main level also includes a sleeper couch in the den, 2 bedrooms, and a shared bathroom. Up the split stairway are 2 additional bedrooms with a shared bathroom. All linens are included. For your appreciation, this home includes WiFi, a washer and dryer, and plenty of parking.
Head out the back doors and take in the enormous backyard with a brand new outdoor space and private pool. Not your typical pool though. A modern twist on an above-ground pool, this container pool offers a cool new addition to the unit. Sit back on the lounge chairs on the back outdoor space that look straight into the window of the pool!
Look no further for an low-price family holiday home!
Pool Access: Yes, Private Pool, Can Be Heated For Additional Cost*
Beach Distance: 1 Block
Animals Accepted: Yes- With A $125 Non-Refundable Pet Fee
Floor Level: 2 Story Split Level
Square Footage: Est.: 1604
Bedroom 1: Double, First Floor
Bedroom 2: Queen, TV, First Floor
Bedroom 3: Two Twins, Second Floor
Bedroom 4: King, TV, Second Floor
Den: Sleeper Couch
Game Table: Yes, In Living Room
Television: One in Living Room, Two in bedrooms
Internet Access: WiFi
Parking: 3-4 Vehicles
BBQ Grille: Yes
Fireplace: Unavailable For Guest Use
Kitchen: Entirely Equipped
All Sweetgrass rental units include: bed linens, bath towels, access to washer/dryer, high-speed internet/WiFi, complimentary parking, no-contact remote check-in process, and a one-day starter supply kit of necessities (ex. paper towel roll, toilet paper, one trash bag, one packet of detergents, single-use soaps, and a package of coffee).
Vacation Rental By Owner Listing#: 869676
*Regarding Pool Heating: In the event of unseasonably freezing or cold weather, it is possible that pool heating may not be operable or available, as heating temperatures typically only reach 10-15 degrees higher than current outdoor temps and may still not be warm enough to appreciate.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus offer tourism guide books with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and activities. Search for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows travelers to discover those wonderful activities at a substantial discounted.
- Prefer to stay away from packed areas and save some money? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer amazing rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or returning vacationers to the same rental home. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a specific experience you are mainly getting excited about ? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed a result of health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to uncover just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to suit their Isle of Palms gang, from relaxed condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners often choose management companies to assist with marketing, house cleaning and maintenance.
Seasoned Isle of Palms vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most novices will be delighted to discover that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
How to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you believe "AWESOME IOP Home- Pet Friendly, New Private Pool!" is the perfect vacation property for your next getaway? Read through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Isle of Palms rentals start booking very early. To assure the best selection of rental homes, we recommend searching and booking your Isle of Palms rental home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Consensus can often be complicated among family members, but the moment this difficult part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Pick a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Does the chosen rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If several individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental charge? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Suitable access can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other people in the group travelling with a dog or cat? Even though a number of rental homes allow animal friends, rules and charges vary per property. A number of constraints could eliminate a potential rental home. Make certain to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. In addition to having exceptional properties, local agencies provide superb service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything you need. If something is missing, the home management company may know of similar properties that suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Contract
Read the entire contract and be certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular charge, visitors will need to pay local taxes when booking "AWESOME IOP Home- Pet Friendly, New Private Pool!", along with various other additional fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a pet fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you'd like to Cancel
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal health care emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. If you find damages, or if fixes are needed call the rental manager without delay. This can prevent conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to confirm no damage occurred during your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your stay? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to give comments. If the property and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine in regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will work hard to solve the issue.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did everyone have a good time? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning will be relatively easy. Maybe the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better recognize how to refine your search next time.