- 10 Bedrooms
- 11.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
About this Property** Available to rent year round. During the summer we rent Saturday to Saturday. Off-season we require a 3 nighttime minimum. **
As part of our Delight Collection, 'Belle Mer' provides you with the extravagance you expect and deserve in a bespoke, island home overlooking the pristine Atlantic Sea. Belle Mer offers the absolute premium in beach front living with its ten bedrooms, ten and half bathrooms, and carefully constructed indoor and outdoor spaces.
This charming home includes many bliss includes such as the elevated infinity edge pool, and heatable hot tub overlooking the Atlantic Sea, landscaped backyard, Brazilian cherry wood floors, five decks and outdoor living areas, elevator, and wine cellar.
- 10 bedrooms, 10.5 bathrooms
- Sea front
- Private pool and Hot Tub (heatable - inquire for price)
- Elevator (inquire if needed for disability purposes, does not go to 3rd floor master)
- Updated kitchen
- Private boardwalk and gazebo
- Outdoor kitchen
- Private boardwalk and gazebo
- Full list of luxuries available below
- Bedroom 1: King bed, en suite full bath – Jacuzzi tub, walk in shower, double sinks, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 2: King bed, en suite full bath – double sinks, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 3: King bed, en suite bath – shower, TV
- Bedroom 4: (2) Single over Single bunk beds, en suite bath – walk in shower, TV
- Bedroom 5: King bed, en suite bathroom – garden tub, shower and double sinks, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 6: Queen bed, en suite full bath, TV
- Bedroom 7: Single over Single and Double over Double bunkbeds, en suite bathroom – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 8: King bed, en suite full bathroom , TV, porch access
- Bedroom 9: Media room with pullout couch, porch access, full bath
- King bed, en suite full bath – Jacuzzi tub, shower, TV, porch access
--What Exclusive Properties Offers
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a holiday experience unlike any other. With a entirely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the choice that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of renting. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you rent within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at renting.
We offer travel insurance to all of our visitors through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The price is 6.95% of your rental price. Please e-mail for exact price. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 9.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be thoroughly refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages.
Family Animals are allowed with pre- approval. We limit it to one generous dog or two modest, but may make an exception. There is a pet fee of $282.50 PER PET. Vacation Rental By Owner only accepts one pet fee to be added, so please let us know how many family dogs and cats you have in the notes when you reserve and we will make sure to add it to the contract before you sign.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 9.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are renting 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to buy this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the unit has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the unit is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the unit rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the unit isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many official tourism bureaus will send promotional travel guide books with special deals for accommodations, dining and attractions. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- In a position to alter your travel week? Off-peak times provide tremendous discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for unique discounts. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of guests. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. If there's a certain Isle of Palms atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional gas.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an suitable getaway to fit their Isle of Palms gang, from calm condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Isle of Palms vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be happy to know that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Do you believe "'Belle Mer'~ OCEAN FRONT, PRIVATE POOL, HOT TUB, ELEVATOR, BOARDWALK!" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming getaway? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned hot spots, In Isle of Palms the best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Many groups choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Agreement can be tough among loved ones, but the moment this tricky part is complete everything will begin to drop in place.
Choose a Size
Establish who is attending the vacation, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Bear in mind that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Many rental homes are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred stay. It may be at the high end of the range. If multiple groups or relatives are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. One member of your family will have to be given the task of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Frequently the senior generation has problems with stairways. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the group traveling with a pup? Pets are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. A number of limitations may possibly dismiss a prospective rental home. Make sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Isle of Palms local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company might know of very similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest prospects for a reduced rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Read the Contract
Read through the entire agreement and be sure you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Be sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are needed call the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred during your remain. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation? Nearly all rental management company websites seek reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to go back? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.