- 5 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Computer Monitor
- Desk Chair
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils For Kids
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Ping Pong Table
- Private Pool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyHello! THANK YOU for taking a look at our site -- you have made the PERFECT "STOP" -- I guarantee that it is one of the nicest units you will find, 5-Star all the way! It is only listed on HomeAway, Vacation Rental By Owner or one of its subsidiaries.
Before you get started, I hope you will take a moment to look at our Guest Reviews! These candid comments from our visitors will give you a good idea of what you will appreciate during your visit.
**** Also, just to let you know I do rent throughout the holidays.... THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS. Dates are flexible during those times, so just let me know what days your family would need beyond the usual week stay. We put up alluring trees and tasteful decorations, so the home looks 'magical' for Christmas!! [Or we can decorate for Hanukkah]
WELCOME to 'Sea's Song'.... 'The Sea's Song is the music of our souls!'
This is NOT your granny's beach home!! Sea's Song is a beautiful 3,800 sq.ft. home, furbished to reflect the Island/Coastal chic, and yet very calming with the 'feel' of a comfortable old Isle of Palms beach home, yet it was constructed in 2007. High end finishes, granite counters, stainless appliances, wood floors throughout, laundry room with high end washer and dryer, plus the 'Powder Room' is a full bath as well!!
AND, EVERY BEDROOM HAS IT'S OWN PRIVATE on suite BATH!! This home is designed for the whole family -- children of all ages welcome!!! (We also welcome the four-legged family members as well.)
This home is designed and located for pool and beach fun! It is delightfully furbished and has every comfort for your stay and yet you will feel appealing and can 'kick back' and relax!! 'Sea's Song' is the home you will fall in adore with -- where you will want to return year after year!
A few things you will savor:
* The entire backyard is a pool [salt water system] area with two levels of decks. Many chairs/chaise lounges and tables make it a great area for entertaining, playing in the pool and sunbathing! The six burner grille will test Dad's culinary skills.
* The sizable elevator helps avoid carrying your things up steps, plus it is roomy enough for a wheelchair.
* One block from the beach, it is only a 3 min walk! We have supplied beach toys, Boogie boards, Tommy Bahama beach chairs, Beach Buggy, and Beach Wagon. Being one block off Palm Blvd. gets you away from the heavy traffic and all of the 'off road' beach parking for the public. You have private parking and no one will be parking in the front yard except you!
* The Isle of Palms Rec Center is just one block away, with tennis courts, gym, exercise center, b-ball court, baseball field and tons of play area for your athletes and the youngsters. And there is also a "Dog Park" for your "other" family members!!
* This home has all the high-end includes and appliances you would want -- stainless appliances, french door refrigerator w/ ice and water in door, separate drink center, oven and warming oven, microwave, gas prepare top, Keurig coffee maker and regular coffee maker, plus electric water pot for tea. The kitchen includes granite counter tops, two separate sinks, an island and a huge outer counter. The kitchen is TOTALLY supplied with EVERYTHING YOU NEED! We also have a separate laundry room with a new heavy duty washer and dryer, plus laundry sink.
* You will like the bliss of the Biltmore Estate sheets and towels, as well as Pine Cone Hill bed skirts. Luggage racks, hair dryers and hand/full length mirrors are supplied. Each bedroom is gorgeously appointed [with copious sleeping pillows!] and ready for you to relax at the end of a fun-filled day!
* Sea's Song has an inverted floor plan. GROUND LEVEL is the garage area where there is a Ping Pong Table, shower and various toys, plus the sliding glass doors out to the pool area. The FIRST level has four bedrooms, each with its own bath. There is also a laundry room on that level. The SECOND level has the MBR with en suite, OPEN kitchen, dining area, great room, additional full bath, and an office with printer for those who are working remotely. Also a screened porch. The THIRD level has no living area, but has furnishings for you to sit and relax while you enjoy looking out at the view [sea in distance] and sunsets!
* Almost forgot to mention the 'tellies' -- 60' HD TV with sound bar and Blu-Ray player in the Great Room, 51' HD TV and Blu-Ray player in MBR, and 40' TV's in all of the other BR's. Also high speed WI-FI
* There is more, but we hope you get the idea!! Some other includes are listed below and we will also be glad to answer any questions you may have.
We bought, finished and appointed this home to be our own personal holiday home.... We are delighted to share it and HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS WE DO!! We continue to make upgrades!
I look forward to hearing from you.... YOU WILL LOVE "SEA'S SONG" !!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation rental homes supply Isle of Palms area printed travel guides which include coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or by a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. Search for these magazines and promotional books, as this allows travelers to experience the very same wonderful activities at a often considerable discounted.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some vacation rental companies provide unique discounts to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to particular visitors, whether it is beachfront units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Isle of Palms activity that you love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be surprised at the number and wide variety of weekly properties available in the Isle of Palms area. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to locate a property that meets their wishes and spending budget.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you believe ""Ocean's Song" * LUXURY 5BR/6BA HOME, Pool, Elevator * 1 block to beach * 5-STAR" is the best rental home for your next getaway? Read this checklist to ensure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Isle of Palms rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your vacation. Many visitors choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select a Town and Time
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Isle of Palms you want to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Most rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stick to a Budget
Most vacation homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your selected stay. It could be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving a pricey rental. In most cases, one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What home features is the family looking for? Do you simply want a vacation home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "necessities and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Do a few people in your group have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. While quite a few vacation homes permit dogs, rules and costs fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and breeds might be limited. Read your agreement carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that better fit your desires and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Read The Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal fee, travelers have to pay state taxes when renting ""Ocean's Song" * LUXURY 5BR/6BA HOME, Pool, Elevator * 1 block to beach * 5-STAR", as well as any other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you find wear and tear, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager right away. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call eliminates many complications.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Many times, neighboring properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you should make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Does everyone want to re-book next year? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental home. If not, you've gained useful experience that can help with the next search.