- 4 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Childs Highchair
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyAVALON BY THE SEA is located in an ideal area of IOP - peaceful yet close to the action. This 12 year old home has 11 ft. ceilings, cherry floors all through, and bespoke paneled walls. NEW 55 INCH SMART TV IN THE LIVING ROOM. The pool (HEATED IF YOU LIKE) is adjacent to the voluminous living, dining and kitchen area on the second floor. The back yard is partially fenced & very private. The roof top outdoor space has a generous stairway (not spiral)to view the sea and relish the sunsets with eight chairs -inviting lounge chairs plus a dining table. Generous wood paneled elevator - shower off downstairs and hop on the elevator to the upper floors.
We are now in our tenth season working hard to give our visitors a turn-key, pampered holiday. We have loaded up with quality linens and fluffy towels.
You will find our home tidy with a high level of guest service.
Beach items include a few beach chairs, sturdy beach wagon, beach umbrella, cooler, and beach toys.
For those that appreciate to prepare - extravagant everywhere - the most attractive in cookware, knives, spices, oils and all the gadgets needed to prepare a magnificent meal from the plentiful new caught seafood and local produce available on the island. There are 2 ovens, 5 burner professional gas range, gargantuan Kitchen Aid refrigerator and handsome granite. Additional refrigerator in the garage and a wine refrigerator in the bar area. Loads of baking dishes, saute pans, giant pot for corn, crock pot, additional sizable waffle iron, hard anondized cookware, kuerig and regular coffee pots.
We have DIRECT TV and of course high speed internet, Sony radio and cd player, 5 flat screen TVs - 55 inch in great room, and 3 dvd players. Streaming from your Netflix account.
Two king bed masters (one king master suite on the first floor with the other 3 bedrooms upstairs) with humongous bathrooms, one with hottub. Childrens bedroom with bunk bed and two single beds. The fourth bedroom with 42 inch flat screen TV/DVD, queen bed and trundle with pop up which becomes two singles. Each bedroom has a full bath - there is a powder room located off the enormous entryway. Pack n'play, toddler bed and queen aero bed.
From our home, it's a speedy walk to reach Palm Blvd and the direct beach access path to the pristine beaches of IOP (approx 5 mins.). Walk or bicycle for miles in either direction. Ten mins. to Town Center in Mt. Agreeable with shopping, eateries, movie theater - 20 mins. to marvelous historic Charleston - the children will adore the aquarium.
Gas grille is attached to propane supply - no worries about running out of gas!!! LATE APRIL TO LATE AUGUST WE ARE A SATURDAY TO SATURDAY HOME.
- Many property management companies and rental houses provide Isle of Palms area vacation discount magazines that feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Off-peak times offer considerable savings.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat guests to the same rental home. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a certain experience that you are most getting excited about ? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often surprised at the range and wide selection of weekly rental properties available in the Isle of Palms area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Isle of Palms group, from quiet condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide painless operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you understand the vacation home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the best vacation property:
Before you decide to book " ONE BLK OCEAN, 3500 SQ. FEET, ELEVATOR, POOL, HUGE RF DECK, NEAR DOWNTOWN ", go through our short list of factors to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many renowned destinations, In Isle of Palms the best rentals are booked very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Town and Vacation Week
Agreement can be tricky among relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Choose a Size
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you'll need. Keep in mind that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make certain " ONE BLK OCEAN, 3500 SQ. FEET, ELEVATOR, POOL, HUGE RF DECK, NEAR DOWNTOWN " works with your budget *during your desired week*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before reserving a costly rental property. Typically, one member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you only desire a rental home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beachfront, downtown, or in close proximity to shopping? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Grandparents will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the gang travelling with a family pet? Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies can vary. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local companies typically have a unique assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Your best chance of a lower rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Study the Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. We also recommend promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any fixes. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to assure you've gathered all possessions.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many vacation rental websites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
How did they feel about the rental home? Ideally everything turned out to be perfect and you're all set to reserve the property for your next vacation. If the rental home wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to filter your search next time.