- 4 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Childs Highchair
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyAVALON BY THE SEA is located in an just right area of IOP - peaceful yet close to the action. This 12 year old home has 11 ft. ceilings, cherry floors throughout, and bespoke paneled walls. NEW 55 INCH SMART TV IN THE LIVING ROOM. The pool (HEATED IF YOU LIKE WITH DAILY CHARGE) is adjacent to the big living, dining and kitchen area on the second floor. The back yard is partially fenced & very private. The roof top outdoor space has a generous stairway (not spiral)to relax (tiny sea vistas since they constructed a 7,000 square foot home on the beach) and appreciate the sunsets with eight chairs -calming lounge chairs plus a dining table. Extensive wood paneled elevator. New sizable shower in the garage for 2021 - shower off downstairs and hop on the elevator to the upper floors.
We are now in our tenth season working hard to give our visitors a turn-key, pampered holiday. We have loaded up with quality linens and fluffy towels.
We are adding a Frontgate folding table to the pool patio that seats 6-8. There will be hanging lounge chairs to be used when the table is in the folding position. We tried to enlarge the decking around the pool but we were turned down rules, rules, rules!
We are fortunate to have a amazing family that cleans our home - folks often comment how tidy Avalon is which delight me no end!!!!
Beach items include a few beach chairs, sturdy beach wagon, beach umbrella, cooler, and beach toys.
For those that appreciate to prepare - delightful throughout - the peerless in cookware, knives, spices, oils and all the gadgets needed to prepare a incredible meal from the plentiful new caught seafood and local produce available on the island. There are 2 ovens, 5 burner professional gas range, humongous Kitchen Aid refrigerator and pretty granite. Additional refrigerator in the garage and a wine refrigerator in the bar area. Loads of baking dishes, saute pans, gargantuan pot for corn, crock pot, additional enormous waffle iron, hard anondized cookware, kuerig and regular coffee pots.
We have DIRECT TV and of course high speed internet, Sony radio and cd player, 5 flat screen TVs - 55 inch in great room, and 3 dvd players. Streaming from your Netflix account.
Two king bed masters (one king master suite on the first floor with the other 3 bedrooms upstairs) with tremendous bathrooms, one with hottub. Childrens bedroom with bunk bed and two single beds. The fourth bedroom with 42 inch flat screen TV/DVD, queen bed and trundle with pop up which becomes two singles. Each bedroom has a full bath - there is a powder room located off the sizable entryway. Pack n'play, toddler bed and queen aero bed.
From our home, it's a speedy walk to reach Palm Blvd and the direct beach access path to the pristine beaches of IOP (approx 5 mins.). Walk or bicycle for miles in either direction. Ten mins. to Town Center in Mt. Nice with shopping, eateries, movie theater - 20 mins. to marvelous historic Charleston - the children will adore the aquarium.
Gas grille is attached to propane supply - no worries about running out of gas!!! LATE APRIL TO LATE AUGUST WE ARE A SATURDAY TO SATURDAY HOME.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties supply Isle of Palms area promotional books which feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Wish to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times provide tremendous markdowns.
- Many rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning vacationers to the same rental home. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental homes are practically catered to specific guests, whether it is soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer clients the option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a result of personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Vacation Rental Advice
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the range and wide variety of short term properties available in the Isle of Palms area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an ideal retreat to fit their Isle of Palms crew, from restful condominiums to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners typically select management companies to manage advertising campaigns, housekeeping and regular maintenance.
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Where to find and book the right rental property:
Do you believe " ONE BLOCK OCEAN, NEAR DOWNTOWN, ELEVATOR POOL ROOF DECK, SPACIOUS 3500 SQ FT" is the best rental for your next family vacation? Read through this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Isle of Palms rental homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the greatest selection of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Isle of Palms rental Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. A lot of visitors choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can be challenging between family, but the moment this tricky part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental home
Determine who is joining, and just how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you should have. Bear in mind that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Pay?
Make sure that " ONE BLOCK OCEAN, NEAR DOWNTOWN, ELEVATOR POOL ROOF DECK, SPACIOUS 3500 SQ FT" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental contracts require a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Rental Home Features
What property features is your group trying to find? Do you want a rental with outdoor lounge? Do you want to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are sheet sets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Special Issues to consider
Optimal accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other members of the group traveling with a family pet? Even though a number of rentals permit animals, guidelines and costs vary per rental. Many restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental property. Examine your contract carefully! Charges may apply when animals are included.
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that suit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Read Through The Agreement
Read the entire agreement and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal rate, vacationers have to pay local taxes when booking " ONE BLOCK OCEAN, NEAR DOWNTOWN, ELEVATOR POOL ROOF DECK, SPACIOUS 3500 SQ FT", along with any other fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides reassurance should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
Once you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any problems when you arrive. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many headaches.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind items. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. If it is possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Many rental sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but completely honest with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to solve the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be relatively easy. Maybe the property was not ideal, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next vacation.