- 8 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Heated Pool
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Pool Table
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
About this Property**We are Saturday to Saturday in the Summer, but we have a 3 nighttime min in the off-season**
'Beach Daze' 1004 Carolina Blvd, is professionally finished island-style, with Tommy Bahama inspired home furnishings--designed to give the max. appreciation during your stay on the Isle of Palms. The beach is just steps away...but, if that's too far, just sip a libation and laze by your private pool.
You'll know you made the right choice when you step inside your holiday home. No attention to detail has been spared to give for your ultimate delight. You'll find plenty of room for up to 18 people--enormous living areas, complete with state-of-the-art TVs, cable, stereos, DVD players, high speed internet service and more.
- 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms
- Private pool
- Pool table
- Roof top outdoor space
- Elevator (please inquire if mandatory for accessibility)
- Full list of niceties available below
- Bedroom 1: King bed, en suite full bath – Garden tub, stand up shower, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 2: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 3: (2) Queen beds, en suite full bath, TV
- Bedroom 4: (2) Queen beds, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 5: (2) Queen beds, en suite full bath, TV
- Bedroom 6: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 7: (2) Queen beds, en suite full bath, TV, porch access- this is an open room when you come up the stairs
- Bedroom 8: (1) Queen bed, TV, couch, porch access- this room is within the 7th bedroom
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a holiday experience unlike any other. With a thoroughly staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the most superb that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of renting. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you rent within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at renting.
We offer travel insurance to all of our visitors through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The price is 6.95% of your rental price. Please e-mail for exact price. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 9.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be completely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not included in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
Animals are allowed with pre- approval. We limit it to one huge dog or two modest, but may make an exception. There is a pet fee of $282.50 PER PET. Vacation Rental By Owner only accepts one pet fee to be added, so please let us know how many dogs and cats you have in the notes when you reserve and we will make sure to add it to the contract before you sign.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 9.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are renting 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to buy this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the unit has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the unit is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the unit rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the unit isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many rental owners and vacation houses provide Isle of Palms area promotional travel magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local merchant itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Prefer to stay away from the crowds of people and cut costs? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a specific activity you are mainly anticipating ? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and locations you are most interested in.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Tricks & Tips
You may be surprised to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with making reservations, check-in, house cleaning services, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Before you book "'Beach Daze'~ ELEVATOR, PRIVATE POOL, ROOF TOP WITH OCEAN VIEWS", examine our brief collection of issues to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Isle of Palms rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best choice of vacation homes, we advise searching and booking your Isle of Palms rental 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Agreement can often be tricky among relatives, but the moment this difficult part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Keep in mind that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Budget
Will your favorite rental fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that each person knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is your family searching for? Do you simply desire a rental home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Occasionally the senior generation has trouble with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. The majority of rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your furry family members. Animals are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies differ. Read your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Where to Search
A number of websites exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Isle of Palms local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Apart from offering exclusive rental properties, local companies provide exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything required. If it is lacking, the home management company might know of similar properties that better fit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many homes sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
Read through the entire contract and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular price, guests have to pay local taxes when renting "'Beach Daze'~ ELEVATOR, PRIVATE POOL, ROOF TOP WITH OCEAN VIEWS", in addition to any other additional fees which may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Rental management companies and rental owners often offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems when you arrive. We also advise immediately calling the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any repairs. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make certain you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for renters to provide feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to re-book next year? With a little luck everything turned out to be perfect and you're excited to re-book the same rental for your next vacation. Maybe the rental property wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to perfect your search next time.