- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Towels
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this Property
Located on the Intracoastal waterway, Goat Island bungalow is unique because of it's accessibility only by boat. This tiny barrier island, only 200 yards off the Isle of Palms, where legend still lingers. It is called Goat Island.
In the early 30's a man and his wife lived there without electricity or water, choosing to turn their backs on civilization forever. Please note that there is a owners contract to sign.
Goat Island remains a place of rustic solitude, a precious, slender slice of land beyond the reach of street lights and bus stops. The Island remains a throwback to a time when life on a coast was a rustic getaway, hammocks were the furnishings of choice. Goat island is the maritime woods.
There is electricity but no paved roads. A lot of the homes are snug little cabins, weekend and summer places for people who live somewhere else. A handful of people are "full-timers"living there year-round. Like the island itself, they are unique- painter, musicians, skilled carpenters and crafts people who make things like flying staircases.The original generation's mindset lives on...The people keep life on the Goat Island rough, rustic and swirling with mystique.
They even make sure that Goat Island is still populated by goats!
Welcome to "The Goat Island Cottage Holiday Rental. Telephone me direct for better prices. 803-394-3218
We sleep 6 guest in three queen size beds.
Wifi and Direct T.V.
Charcoal Grills, Kayaks and Bicycles
Deep water dock- Come with your boat and family dogs and cats
I feel in adore with this primitive residential Island. Many stories are told of how life was when the feral goats would run complimentary and the only homes were little cabins and shacks.A few decades ago the entire Gray Bay shoreline was put in a conservation easement.The locals have made a primitive park where you sit on homemade benches as they watch musicians come and give concerts .Many events take place on this special island from time to time.Neighbors respect each other and never lock their doors.Thank you for being my guest and please leave me a note in the message rent on the table.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property management companies and vacation rental homes provide Isle of Palms area promotional magazines which feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by merchants, or by a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. Be on the lookout for these magazines and promotional books, as this allows vacation goers to experience the very same great activities at a generally substantial discounted.
- Want to stay away from the crowds of people and lower your expenses? The off-peak seasons frequently offer amazing rates on rental accommodations.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of property management companies offer discounted rates to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a specific experience you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a certain Isle of Palms atteaction you simply love, look for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed resulting from health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
General Rental property Advice
You may be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an optimum retreat to fit their Isle of Palms group, from calm condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are critical in assisting guests with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Before you book ""Goat Island Cottage" on the Isle of Palms Waterway in the no wake zone.", review our brief checklist of points to consider.
Search Early and Often
Isle of Palms vacation rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Many visitors prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Start by deciding which specific area of Isle of Palms you would like to explore, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you'll need. Be mindful that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Make sure ""Goat Island Cottage" on the Isle of Palms Waterway in the no wake zone." suits your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking an expensive rental property. One member of your family needs to be given the task of collecting payments and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family searching for? Do you primarily want a property with a pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are bedsheets included with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Do individual people in your group have special needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furry family members. Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions could dismiss a prospective vacation property. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Isle of Palms local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read through the Total Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Good luck on booking your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make sure no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any needed repairs. This may protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no property damage occurred during your remain. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many rental home web sites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you should note that in your review.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. Did they enjoy their vacation? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. If not, you've acquired useful experience to help with the next search.
- Boone Hall Plantation - 4.5 miles