- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Towels
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this Property
Located on the Intracoastal waterway, Goat Island bungalow is unique because of it's accessibility only by boat. This tiny barrier island, only 200 yards off the Isle of Palms, where legend still lingers. It is called Goat Island.
In the early 30's a man and his wife lived there without electricity or water, choosing to turn their backs on civilization forever. Please note that there is a owners contract to sign.
Goat Island remains a place of rustic solitude, a precious, slender slice of land beyond the reach of street lights and bus stops. The Island remains a throwback to a time when life on a coast was a rustic getaway, hammocks were the furnishings of choice. Goat island is the maritime woods.
There is electricity but no paved roads. A lot of the homes are snug little cabins, weekend and summer places for people who live somewhere else. A handful of people are "full-timers"living there year-round. Like the island itself, they are unique- painter, musicians, skilled carpenters and crafts people who make things like flying staircases.The original generation's mindset lives on...The people keep life on the Goat Island rough, rustic and swirling with mystique.
They even make sure that Goat Island is still populated by goats!
Welcome to "The Goat Island Cottage Holiday Rental. Telephone me direct for better prices. 803-394-3218
We sleep 6 guest in three queen size beds.
Wifi and Direct T.V.
Charcoal Grills, Kayaks and Bicycles
Deep water dock- Come with your boat and family dogs and cats
I feel in adore with this primitive residential Island. Many stories are told of how life was when the feral goats would run complimentary and the only homes were little cabins and shacks.A few decades ago the entire Gray Bay shoreline was put in a conservation easement.The locals have made a primitive park where you sit on homemade benches as they watch musicians come and give concerts .Many events take place on this special island from time to time.Neighbors respect each other and never lock their doors.Thank you for being my guest and please leave me a note in the message rent on the table.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with special deals for rental homes, dining and tours. Search for these books and discount books, as this allows vacationers to experience the very same terrific attractions at a significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might travel? Off-peak times provide substantive savings.
- Several management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or repeat visitors of the same vacation home. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are primarily suited for specific types of travellers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. If there's a certain Isle of Palms atteaction that you love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out just how many properties are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to come across a rental which matches their expectations and spending plan.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners typically choose management companies to facilitate marketing, cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
Seasoned Isle of Palms vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many newcomers will be happy to know that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
How to find and book the right vacation home:
Do you think ""Goat Island Cottage" on the Isle of Palms Waterway in the no wake zone." is the best vacation property for your upcoming family vacation? Read through this guide to confirm it fits your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Isle of Palms rental homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can be tough among family, but once this complicated part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what particular bedroom configuration you need to have. Be mindful that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is suitable for the company. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a price range. Confirm the cost for your chosen week. It might be at the top end of the range. If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Generally speaking, one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
Rental Home Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Will the rental have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Suitable accessibility can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Most rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the crew travelling with a dog? Pets are welcome at many vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. Read your agreement carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are added.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match clients with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Isle of Palms local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive properties, local agencies offer top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your preferences and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read Through The Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you find problems, or if fixes are required call the rental manager without delay.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many problems.
- Be respectful of the community. Natives will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred during your remain. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites allow customers to give comments. If your rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but straightforward regarding your experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did they feel about the vacation rental? Maybe everything turned out to be perfect and you are ready to re-book the rental for next season. If the rental was not ideal, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Boone Hall Plantation - 4.5 miles