- 3 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyNEW FOR 2020 - New Carpet, newly colored, new King Mattress, all new Pottery Barn Furnishings in Living Room and Dining Room, CLOROX CLEANING.
2 Links Clubhouse Villas is an adorable bungalow in the private gated beach front resort community of Wild Dunes. The villa overlooks a pretty tidal marsh and is only a brief five min. walk (2 blocks) to the premium beach area in the resort. For golfers, we are steps from The Links championship course, driving range and the putting/chipping green. And while there is no pool onsite we give access to a private pool within Wild Dunes. #2 Links Clubhouse includes an open airy floor plan with under home parking. The community is encircled by bicycle and walking paths, making it a ideal location for families to savor a casual but active holiday.
The home is located on a peaceful cul de sac of 8 duplex homes, and looks directly on a modest private park supplied with lounge chairs and tables under the palms. The front entry includes a generous covered outdoor space, just ideal for rocking away the afternoon.
The floor plan includes a completely supplied kitchen with stainless appliances flowing into an open living and dining room. A sunroom with floor to ceiling windows looks out over the marsh and provides a peaceful place to curl up with a good rent.
The master bedroom has a king bed, full bath, and desk area for visitors that need a workspace. The guest bedroom includes two queen beds, a full bath with tub and shower combo, and abundant closet space. Both bedrooms have TVs.
The third bedroom is a loft area offering great sleeping space for two and its own half bathroom. It includes two additional long twins, or, they can be made up together to create a king size bed. The loft's half bathroom also has a modest closet area.
The Links Clubhouse Cottage is elevated to take advantage of the marsh view and wind and offers underneath parking for up to three cars. It also offers substantial storage space and a gas grille. We offer beach chairs, kickboards, coolers, beach toys/games and an outdoor shower. It is less than a 5 min. walk or one min. golf cart ride to the shorefront.
An electric golf cart is included and makes carrying chairs and coolers to the beach an straighforward 90 second trip. It also comes in handy for taking children on nature tours to see the resident alligators, herons and deer.
All sheets and towels supplied. We also have a full size washer and dryer.
To enhance your happiness, there are ceiling fans in bedrooms, living room, sun room and front porch.
To ensure fun is had by all, we have multiple bicycles available for use.
There is also a gas grille for those wanting to BBQ.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties provide Isle of Palms area discount books that feature coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or by a relationship between the management company and the business itself. Search for these publications and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to experience the very same terrific attractions with a quite often considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you can vacation? Off-peak times provide remarkable discounts.
- Several rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the US Military, or returning vacation goers of the same property. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some rental properties are basically catered to specific travelers, whether it is beachfront homes with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Isle of Palms atteaction you simply love, look for properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to learn just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage promoting and marketing, housekeeping services and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Isle of Palms vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be delighted to discover that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
Finding and booking the perfect rental:
Before you book " Golf Cart and Quiet Marsh Setting, Walk to Beach and Golf with Some Pool Access", go through our short list of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Isle of Palms rental homes start booking very early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Be aware that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Most rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Commit to a Budget
Does the chosen rental suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before reserving an expensive vacation property. Most rental documents require a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Vacation home Features
What home features is the family searching for? Do you only want a home with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental rate? Make a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Grandparents will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
The best places to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal rate, visitors will have to pay state taxes when booking " Golf Cart and Quiet Marsh Setting, Walk to Beach and Golf with Some Pool Access", along with any other fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are required call the home manager immediately. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Often, nearby residences are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Ensure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to give comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will try hard to rectify the situation.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Does everyone want to go back? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple. Otherwise, you've gained useful rental search experience to help with another search.