- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Water Sports Gear
About this PropertyIf location is the most important thing to you, this modest complex of individually owned condominiums is the ideal spot. This 2 bedroom 1 bath condo is simple, gorgeously finished, and has all your family needs for a great stay at the beach. This upstairs condo, #202 at the Sea Inn, is just steps from the pool and parking and has big windows to let in tons of natural light. It faces southwest so our cute lowcountry sunsets pour right through the window. There isn't a beach view but if you look sideways out the bedroom windows you can see a smidgen of the view in front. No sleeping in for the teenagers though - each of the bedrooms also has a big brilliant window to let you know when it's time to start the day. With their tall ceilings and dazzling natural light the bedrooms feel much bigger than they are. The bedrooms are modest but they are big enough for a appealing bed and good nighttime's sleep. (You know you won't be in there much anyway.) The full kitchen is outfitted with dishware, glassware, pots and pans and baking dishes. With all the astonishing cuisine on the island, in Charleston and in the surrounding areas, you might never need to prepare much but it's handy to have what you need for simple breakfasts and simple meals.
Speaking of cuisine, the eateries on the Island are outstanding among tourists and locals alike. All within a 3-block radius, the Isle of Palms work area has eateries and stores, moped rental, spa, and even a computer repair shop. This complex sits smack dab in the middle of all of it! A little further away, but still walking distance, is the grocery store, a "red dot" ABC store (that's southern speak for Liquor Store) a vet clinic, a dentist, and more.
None of our eateries on the IOP close for the winter but it's definitely busier here in the Summer when the bar and live music scene is going on strong with nightly music playing. If you plan ahead you might be able to get some tickets to a show at the Windjammer, an Isle of Palms venue that has a shorefront bar/food by day and bar/music by nighttime. Coconut ', The Dinghy, The Refuge all have music as well.
Waterview Unit Management, LLC manages this holiday rental. This may be described by the website as a new listing, depending on the renting site used. We assure you - The Sea Inn is a tried and true, well appreciated unit! There are reviews "out there" even if not on this site. Just search the name.
Some of our units have "minimum nights mandatory" to make a reservation on weekends, holidays, and during the summer season. To check availability for a shorter stay, please send a message / inquiry. If it's possible, we'd be pleased to accommodate you.
** IMPORTANT ** If you rent your stay though an online renting system such as Vrbo, Homeaway or AirBnb please be aware that much of our important communication - confirmation, arrival information, parking passes, pet policies, etc - come from our internal system at Waterview Unit Management, LLC. Please be on the lookout! You may be asked to give an e-mail address.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property owners and rental houses supply Isle of Palms area promotional guides which include deals, either offered individually by merchants, or through a relationship between the management company and the local vendor itself. Be on the lookout for these publications and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience the same great activities at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-peak times offer up sizeable markdowns.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies offer price savings to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of guests. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to music venues. You'll get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners typically offer customers the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often surprised at the number and variety of short-term rental properties available in the Isle of Palms area. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to locate a vacation home that matches their desires and spending budget.
Nearly all rental homes in Isle of Palms are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting families with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance issues that may arise.
We've put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your vacation property experience.
How to find and book a great vacation rental:
Do you believe ""Top O' the Stairs" 2Br/1Ba, Dogs welcome. NEWLY REMODELED" is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Read this guide to make sure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Isle of Palms the best rental homes are booked very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday reunions can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Start by deciding which specific area of Isle of Palms you want to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Does your chosen rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that each person knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. One individual in your group will need to be given the task of gathering payments and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your family interested in? Do you want a vacation property with patio kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
In some cases the elder generation has trouble with staircases. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all property postings include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Do not forget to include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are included.
Searching the Internet
As soon as the place, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Isle of Palms local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest prospects for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular fee, vacationers must pay local taxes when booking ""Top O' the Stairs" 2Br/1Ba, Dogs welcome. NEWLY REMODELED", as well as various other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a pet fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required call the rental manager straight away. This will prevent disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Be respectful of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Although you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The property needs to be in good shape. Sinks brimming with pots and pans, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many vacation rental websites request reviews after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest regarding your stay. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Did they love their rental? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be easy. If the rental home wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to filter your search for the next trip.