- 7 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Linens Provided
- Pool Table
- Private Pool
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this Property*We are excited to announce that 'Carolina Key' is getting some updates! New photos coming soon!* HOME HIGHLIGHTS: • Sea vistas • Brief walk to the beach • Inside private, gated Wild Dunes community on peaceful cul-de-sac • Private pool (can be heated for a fee) on third level with substantial seating and poolside wet bar • Concierge Service • Elevator • Pool table • Penthouse master suite with private outdoor space and study • Wild Dunes SportsCard DETAILS: Unlock an memorable hideaway when you stay at the fantastic 'Carolina Key'! Located on a peaceful cul-de-sac just inside the exclusive Wild Dunes Resort Community and just across the street from the Citadel Beach Club, it’s just a brief walk on your beach access path to reach Isle of Palms’ huge white beaches. If you prefer privacy, you might choose to lounge by the in-outdoor space, sea view pool (can be heated for a fee) with copious seating and a poolside wet bar. Appreciate a nighttime out at the resort’s eateries, or go out to appreciate the nightlife and cuisine that makes Charleston so special. Of course, after a long day on the beach or on the golf course, you may want to stay in: prepare a family meal in the extravagant kitchen, relax for a movie nighttime, or release your inner pool shark at the billiards table. This bespoke-constructed home includes a reverse floor plan, designed with entertaining in mind. For your appreciation, the elevator is available for guest use and services all floors, from the garage to the master suite located on the fourth floor. The ground floor is the giant garage which also has an outdoor shower. The second floor has six enormous bedrooms, each with a private en-suite bathroom, giving everybody plenty of personal space to relax. The third floor is the main living area and where everybody is going to hang out and savor the time together. The open floor plan cultivates a fun and social environment that accepts everybody to spread out and enjoy all of the home’s niceties. The Sonos music system on this level accepts everybody to find their island vibe as soon as they’ve unpacked. The generous, delightful kitchen includes granite countertops, high end appliances, and is thoroughly outfitted to a chef’s standard. The dining room is located just off the kitchen’s breakfast bar and includes a giant dining table with combined seating for 16. The half bath on this floor is unique as it has two doors: one opens to the main living space, and the other accepts you access from the pool outdoor space so no worrying about wet feet in the home. Speaking of the pool outdoor space, enjoy a exhilarating libation (prepared at the poolside wet bar) while letting the day melt away as you float in your private pool. There is plenty of outdoor seating and lounge chairs as well as the gas grille and outdoor kitchenette that makes grille prep and drink creations a wind. Back inside, the living room includes a huge sectional with plenty of room for everybody and a game table for playing cards, dominoes, board games, puzzles—or just additional space for dining. Off the living room is the wet bar and billiards table, complete with an additional intelligent TV, wine cooler and ice maker. The fourth floor is exclusively the master bedroom penthouse including a opulent private bath and study. The master includes a king bed and a private oceanview balcony that overlooks the pool. The home comes with a private concierge who is available before, during, and after your stay! Your concierge will be your primary point of contact during your stay and will give a personalized experience, meeting you at the home for check-in and check-out and ensuring that all your needs are met. You concierge can assist with renting reservations, personal chefs, arranging grocery delivery, and anything else you might need for the ideal beach holiday. HOME LAYOUT: First Level – Garage area with outdoor shower and additional refrigerator/freezer Second Level – Entryway, Laundry, and six Bedrooms • King Bedroom with en-suite Bath and Intelligent TV • King Bedroom with en-suite Bath and Intelligent TV • King Bedroom with en-suite Bath and Intelligent TV • Two Twins Bedroom with en-suite Bath (with tub) and Intelligent TV • Two Queens Bedroom with en-suite Bath and Intelligent TV • Two Queens Bedroom with en-suite Bath and Intelligent TV Third Level – Gourmet Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room, Half Bath, Bar, Billiards, Sea View Balcony with Private Pool and Wet Bar Fourth Level – Private Master Penthouse Suite with King Bedroom, Private Balcony, Giant Private Bath and Study **Important notes** - Please reach out to us if you, or someone in your event requires the use of the elevator. The elevator is an amenities but residential elevators can break down effortlessly so we may not be able to guarantee it’s usage for your stay. If you reach out to us at renting we will do everything in our power to ensure it’s up and running for your renting. - Bookings of 4-14 nights come with a complimentary $275 credit towards beach gear though our partner, VayKGear.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you travel guide books with savings for rental home management companies, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Willing to modify your trip week? Off-peak times provide substantive savings.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat visitors of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a specific activity you are mainly getting excited about ? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and locations you are most excited about.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Isle of Palms area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to discover a rental home that suits their desires and price range.
The majority of rentals in Isle of Palms are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical experience to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Isle of Palms vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most novices will be delighted to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Do you think ""Carolina Key" ~ Spectacular OceanView Wild Dunes Home ~ 7 Abalone ~" is the perfect rental for your next visit? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many desirable hot spots, In Isle of Palms the best vacation homes are booked very early. To assure the very best selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Isle of Palms rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Select a Community and Time
Agreement can be tough among family members, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Check to make sure ""Carolina Key" ~ Spectacular OceanView Wild Dunes Home ~ 7 Abalone ~" works with your budget *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each person knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you simply desire a vacation home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are bed sheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Oftentimes the elder generation has challenges with stairways. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
When the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies frequently have an exclusive collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
When you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also advise promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any critical fixes.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even when you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should be remedied before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Many rental management companies and rental websites allow travellers to offer comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but honest about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Did they enjoy their vacation? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning will be simple. If the property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.