- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Communal Pool
- Communal Pool
- Linens Provided
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyYou deserve a holiday. Parlor by the pool in the morning, ride the waves in the afternoon, relax in the hot tub as the sun sets. Take advantage of everything that Isle of Palms has to offer! This cozy two bedroom villa is ideal for a last min. getaways. Come! Retreat to the sun and the sand and we promise you’ll have a “Whale of a Time”!
What you’ll appreciate about ‘A Whale of a Time’:
Just steps from your back door you’ll find miles of pristine, white, sandy beaches. As a part of the Tidewater community, located at the heart of Wild Dunes, you’ll have access to the crystal clear pool and hot tub right outdoor your door and much much more. Wild Dunes offers miles of walking paths, fine dining and shopping, as well as a world class tennis facility and a golf course. For a two bedroom, the villa includes plenty of space and peaceful seating. Whether you stay in or go out and discover, this villa is the ideal home base for your holiday.
Our Home’s Layout:
Entering the villa, you’ll be drawn by the vistas from the back porch. Appreciate the salty wind and seagull calls from this huge screened area. You’ll find it’s the ideal location to indulge in a morning cup of coffee or a chilled afternoon drink.
At the doorway, the first bedroom, including two twin beds, will be on your left. This room has a intelligent flatscreen tv that can stream all of your favorite content. This bedroom has its own entrance to the full hall bath. Down the hall, adjacent to the screened porch, is the Master Bedroom. Currently including a queen bed, this room has cute sea vistas and includes an ensuite bathroom. This bedroom also has a intelligent TV for guest entertainment. On the other side of the porch is the living room. With comfortable seating for your entire group, there are multiple chairs as well as a sleeper couch. With an open floor plan, the living room flows seamlessly into the kitchen creating a great shared space. Sit at the sleek quartz breakfast bar and watch the morning news, choose to either lend a hand in the thoroughly supplied kitchen or give moral support from the couch. When it’s time to sit down for a meal, gather in the dining room just off the kitchen.
Bedroom 1: King bed and private, ensuite bath
Bedroom 2: Bunk Bed: Queen on bottom & twin on top; with an ensuite entrance to the shared hallway bath.
Livingroom: Queen sleeper couch
** Owners plan on upgrading the master’s queen to a king and the other bedroom to a bunk bed with a full bed on the bottom and twin on the top.
- Pool & hot tub are seasonally available for use, please inquire for more information
- This unit does not include a sports card
Isle of Palms is a barrier island just north of Charleston, SC. This handsome island is famed for its pristine beaches and southern hospitality. It’s a family friendly, peaceful, and close enough to countless activities, historic sites, and spectacular eateries.
Wild Dunes is a gated community/resort that offers a variety of comforts for you, your family, and your friends. Wild Dunes is an straighforward going, casual mood. A place for you to make memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you want to savor a bicycle ride through the resort, listen to the live music by the beach, or take a swing on the award winning golf courses; your options are countless.
If you'd prefer the outdoors, just down the road is the locally-famed Isle of Palms County Park, which includes boardwalks, a picnic area, sand volleyball, children's play area, snack bar, and more! You’re also just 17.5 miles from historic downtown Charleston where you can experience both rich history and some of the country’s premium cuisine!
***PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19, COMMUNITY POOL ACCESS IS RESTRICTED AND LIMITED. POOL USE CANNOT BE GUARANTEED FOR YOUR STAY IN 2020. While many pools have opened, each community HOA has enacted their own specific individual policies and regulations to keep you safe. These policy changes continue remain frequent. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and your visitors.***
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many rental owners and vacation properties supply Isle of Palms area promotional travel books which include money-saving offers, either offered individually by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the local business itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to switch your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer fantastic rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat individuals to the same property. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly longing for ? You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to discover just how many rental properties are located in their area of interest. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rentals in Isle of Palms are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
We have constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book the right vacation rental:
Do you think ""A Whale of a Time" ~ Located in Wild Dunes ~Guest Favorite ~ Community Pool" is the best rental home for your upcoming getaway? Read through this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Isle of Palms rentals start booking early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Many visitors decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Start by choosing which particular area of Isle of Palms you'd like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Just How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Does your preferred rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a costly vacation property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What property features is the family interested in? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards available as part of your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Proper accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines can vary. Read your contract thoroughly! Service fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Isle of Palms local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Besides having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide you with superb service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest chance of a lower rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental to make sure you've packed all possessions.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but genuine with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was exceptional, next year's trip planning will be simple and easy. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.